Welcome to the SRC!
The Senior Resource Center is comprised of caring people responding to societal changes that are challenging our senior citizens and the people who care for them.
Founded in 2000 as a 501(c)3 community outreach ministry for the Episcopal Church of the Messiah. The current service model for the SRC evolved from an original vision of a senior daycare center to be located in the church hall. Due to cost and regulatory constraints, the vision was modified to a more attainable short-term goal which was a service model that would address unmet needs for support, information, education, training and referral resources for seniors and their caregivers. In August of 2011, the Senior Resource Center reincorporated as a non-denominational community center serving people of all faith – as well as people of no faith.
As a direct result of offering information and referral resources, the SRC has developed relationships with hundreds of other organizations, in Morris County and other surrounding counties, which are serving the same needs or population. Some of the main relationships include, but are certainly not limited to: Family Service of Morris County, Morris County Department of Human Services-Division on Aging, Disabilities and Veterans, United Way Caregivers Coalition, NORWESCAP, New Bridge Services, Inc., Morristown Memorial Hospital Community Health, Hackettstown Regional Medical Center, St. Clare’s Hospital in Dover and Denville, VNANNJ, Visiting Nurse Association of Somerset Hills, Hope House, Alzheimer’s Association-NJ Regional Office, North Jersey Regional Arthritis Center, Jewish Family Services, Volunteer Management Center, Legal Services of Northwest Jersey, Atlantic Home Care and Hospice, New Jersey Self-Help Clearinghouse, as well as, several other home health care & companion services agencies, independent living/assisted living /skilled nursing facilities, adult day care center, etc.
Check out some of our programs!
Classes are offered indoors in the Sanctuary or Parish Hall of the Church of the Messiah.
- Chair Yoga, Mondays @ 9:30 am
- Zumba, Mondays @ 10:45 am
- Zumba “Gold”, 2nd & 3rd Mondays @ 12 Noon
- Piano Level I, Mondays @ 11:00 am
- Piano Level II, Mondays @ 1:00 pm
- Chair Yoga, Tuesdays @ 9:30 am
- Qigong/Tai Chi, Tuesdays @ 10:30 am
- Healthy Bones, Wednesdays @9:30 am & 11:00 am
- Exploring Music, Wednesdays @ 12:30 pm
- Pilates with Lisa, Thursdays @ 9:30 am
- Line Dancing with David, Thursdays @ 1:00 pm
- Stretch Bands with David, Thursdays @ 2:00 pm
- Walking Club with Kathy, Lisa & Mary Lou, Friday mornings – time to be announced
*Registration is not mandatory but is helpful! If you plan on attending a class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (908) 879-2202 to let us know you will be in attendance.*
$2 recommended donation per class
Stay updated by checking our website or signing up for our email communications.
Email email@example.com to be added to our recipient list!
What we do
- We are a clearing house for support and services available to seniors and caregivers in western Morris County
- We provide compassionate listening and enable a supportive environment for seniors and caregivers
- We advocate for seniors and their caregivers who are experiencing difficulty obtaining services and support
- We provide a range of educational and training activities on a variety of issues confronting the aging population
Our guiding principles
- We provide assistance to people who are overwhelmed by the complexity of the issues and the challenges of aging by means of advocacy, support, information, education, training and referral services
- Our services are open to all people regardless of economic, social or religious background
Stay up to date on all of our programs! Sign-up to receive regular email updates on program offerings and events.