If you have an aging parent
- Plan ahead. Talk to your parents while they’re still healthy To learn their preferences for medical care and to assess their financial situation. Be sure they have established a durable power of attorney, a will, a living will, and a health care proxy
- Investigate a long term care policy. Learn what current health insurance does not cover
- Find a doctor who specialize in geriatrics and that there is evidence that these professionals are interested and care
- Act when you see signs of dementia. Consult a geriatric psychiatrist and a care manager
- Ask others to help. Enlist Motor Vehicles when driving is a concern. Ask the doctor to become more involved
- Get involved in support groups
- Explore Adult Day Care
- Consider Home Health Care
Join us virtually on Monday, January 25th @ 12pm for our January Lunch 'n' Learn, co-hosted by the Washington Township Library! Address the questions all of us are asking – what are the side effects, who is getting it and when will I be eligible to get the shot, what...
The Senior Resource Center of Chester is sponsoring its annual Festival of Trees on Saturday, December 5, through Saturday, December 12 at the Barn at High Ridge Park in Chester, NJ. The Festival of Trees is a community celebration featuring decorated holiday trees in...
Imge Uludogan, Field Representative for Health Education for the Morris County Office of Health Management will present “COVID-19”: What Seniors Should Know” at the Chester Library/Senior Resource Center Virtual Senior Lunch and Learn on Monday, December 7 at 12 pm....
Quick & Easy way to donate online to the SRC
Please support us by shopping at smile.amazon.com to increase donations for the Senior Resource Center. Start your shopping here.
Call or email us about our virtual program offerings!
SAVE THE DATE: Festival of Trees – “A Holly Jolly Christmas” – December 2021