If you have an aging parent
- Plan ahead. Talk to your parents while they’re still healthy To learn their preferences for medical care and to assess their financial situation. Be sure they have established a durable power of attorney, a will, a living will, and a health care proxy
- Investigate a long term care policy. Learn what current health insurance does not cover
- Find a doctor who specialize in geriatrics and that there is evidence that these professionals are interested and care
- Act when you see signs of dementia. Consult a geriatric psychiatrist and a care manager
- Ask others to help. Enlist Motor Vehicles when driving is a concern. Ask the doctor to become more involved
- Get involved in support groups
- Explore Adult Day Care
- Consider Home Health Care
Beer-Making Workshop Catherine Segal, Senior Resource Center Board Member and beer aficionado, led us in a beer-making workshop last month! The class started with mashing, separating, boiling, stirring, and fermenting. Everyone was very busy planning the different...
Quick & Easy way to donate online to the SRC
Please support us by shopping at smile.amazon.com to increase donations for the Senior Resource Center. Start your shopping here.