If you have an aging parent
- Plan ahead. Talk to your parents while they’re still healthy To learn their preferences for medical care and to assess their financial situation. Be sure they have established a durable power of attorney, a will, a living will, and a health care proxy
- Investigate a long term care policy. Learn what current health insurance does not cover
- Find a doctor who specialize in geriatrics and that there is evidence that these professionals are interested and care
- Act when you see signs of dementia. Consult a geriatric psychiatrist and a care manager
- Ask others to help. Enlist Motor Vehicles when driving is a concern. Ask the doctor to become more involved
- Get involved in support groups
- Explore Adult Day Care
- Consider Home Health Care
May 23rd at 12 noon Posted in // News “The Healing Power of Music” Presented by Jeanette Hile The arts are a mirror of society. So too, does music touch our innermost emotions and can offer comfort and healing power. We will listen to various styles of music, discuss...
Jewelry Making with Julia Join Julia Comick for some basic jewelry making techniques. Supplies included. Date: May 10th Time: 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM Place: Senior Resource Center 50 Rt. 24 Chester, NJ Cost: $7.00 (Please advise if unable to pay fee) MUST REGISTER Seating...
Quick & Easy way to donate online to the SRC
Please support us by shopping at smile.amazon.com to increase donations for the Senior Resource Center. Start your shopping here.
Call or email us about our virtual program offerings!
SAVE THE DATE: Festival of Trees – “A Holly Jolly Christmas” – December 2021