If you have an aging parent
- Plan ahead. Talk to your parents while they’re still healthy To learn their preferences for medical care and to assess their financial situation. Be sure they have established a durable power of attorney, a will, a living will, and a health care proxy
- Investigate a long term care policy. Learn what current health insurance does not cover
- Find a doctor who specialize in geriatrics and that there is evidence that these professionals are interested and care
- Act when you see signs of dementia. Consult a geriatric psychiatrist and a care manager
- Ask others to help. Enlist Motor Vehicles when driving is a concern. Ask the doctor to become more involved
- Get involved in support groups
- Explore Adult Day Care
- Consider Home Health Care
Your Heart Loves Acupuncture Presented by Deborah Torrence Mon. Feb 6th @ 12 pm Chester Public Library Tues. Feb 28th @ 11:45 am Mountain Top Church (new location!) The heart is connected to every organ in the body and affects one’s health, emotions, and...
Quick & Easy way to donate online to the SRC
Please support us by shopping at smile.amazon.com to increase donations for the Senior Resource Center. Start your shopping here.
Call or email us about our program offerings!
SAVE THE DATE: Festival of Trees – “An Old Fashioned Christmas” – December 2022